Saturday, May 26, 2007

A cat, a butterfly and some frogs...


A friend of mine in Lancaster, PA does wonders when it comes to rescuing cats. She finds good homes for strays, she feeds countless ferals, and has provided a haven in her own home to many. When she let me know she was working with the PAWS organization in her area on a fundraiser. They planned a silent auction and I was happy to be able to participate by donating a couple of beaded dolls. I acquired a cat form from my buddy Monica and this is what it became. The form is approximately 5 inches in length.

Around 2 years ago or so, I found a butterfly beaded doll kit on EBay - aren't the wings beautiful? This form is about 5 inches tall.



I made this frog themed doll for the granddaughter of a friend of mine. This form and face were made by Angie Hall Haviland.

2 comments:

Amy Munson said...

I absolutly love your blog, your beaded dolls are fantastic.

GraceBeading said...

Thank you for stopping by Amy, I'm glad you like my dolls. I'm off to look at your blog as well.

Leaves of Grass

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman