Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Winter in June...


Okay so it's almost June...

Last year in one of my Yahoo groups I was challenged to make a beaded doll for Christmas. I had yet to make a doll using primarily white beads, but it was something I wanted to try. Princess Holly was the result. The 5" form is by Moncia Magness, the face is from a friend in Australia. One day I would like to attempt a doll in all white, I was surprised that I didn't find it too challenging using white - it is never one of the first colors I think of when I want to bead.

Year before last, I acquired a wonderful snowman kit from Ronda Kivett. This guy was a blast to bead, I mean - look at that face -
he makes me smile everytime I pick him up. The eyes, nose and mouth are polymer clay, his arms are coral, there are a few random fresh water pearls, sequins and his fiber scarf. Everything else is glass.













That same year I acquired a santa ornament kit from Monica, she put together the kit with a face from Jen Martin (graphixoutpost). It was fun to work on beading around just a face - this was before I knew peyote stitch or how to apply it around a face
.
This past Christmas I ordered small forms from Monica with the intention of making them into ornaments. I posted the angel in a prior post - around the same time I beaded up this little Christmas Tree. It's about 3" tall and once it was done, I couldn't give this one away. The tiny face it by Kristi Lou at Sculpted Windows.

No comments:

Leaves of Grass

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman