I was tagged by Lynn and I think someone else - sorry I can't remember . This is the third or fourth time I've been tagged. It seems everyone I know that blogs has already been tagged so I'll spare you all anymore tags.
I'm supposed to post 7 little known facts about me - Since I've done this before, how about a few items related to well known people.
1. I have held an official Superbowl ring in my hand. I was talking to Dave Butz (Washington Redskins) at the time and he was gracious in taking it off so we could examine and admire it.
2. The woman that handed me Dave's ring... Sharon Costner (mother of Kevin - yes that Kevin). I was involved in a conversation with Dave Butz, Sharon and Bill Costner. We were at a celebrity fund raiser (I think it was to benefit an Olympic team).
3. Many years ago, I went to the home of Erik Estrada in the Hollywood Hills. Him, his wife, my date and I were getting ready go to an outing together. He graciously let us use his pool house to get ready for our outing. In that pool house... is where he stored the motorcycle he used in CHiPs. There was no way for me to resist, I HAD to climb up on it and take my photo. I didn't tell him.
4. I've crossed paths with O.J. Simpson twice, once in Laguna Beach, CA and once in New York, both completely by accident.
5. I was filmed shotgun shooting in a show that aired on the History Channel, the show was titled - History's Mysteries - Amazon Women. In the show, they show a friend of mine shooting a shot gun for the first time.
Back to just me...
6. When I was 21, I collected my mail general delivery as I did not have an address. I also did not own a car and used the public bus system to get everywhere.
7. In 2000 I suffered from liver failure and was nearly killed by a simple medical procedure that was supposed to help diagnose the issue causing the liver failure, but instead caused acute pancreatitis. I spent 9 days in the hospital and was not properly diagnosed (with chronic hepatitis) for another year. In 2002 I went through weekly (self administered) interferon shots and daily anti-viral pills. I managed to beat the virus after 48 weeks of treatment.
So now that's out of the way... I'm out of town until October 29. I'm traveling to Oregon to see friends and to just relax! One of my plans while I'm there is to meet Lisa - another beader I've come to know through my blog... how fun is that?
I hope you all have a great week - see you when I get back!
Leaves of Grass
This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman