Monday, February 07, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party...

Another blog party, more pretty, pretty beads! I happily signed up for this "party" with the basic guidelines being that each participant is paired with another, we swap beads (including focal and clasp) and then make a bracelet to be revealed at a later date. During that process, we blog hop to check out the other participants, discover new blogs - you know all the fun stuff. Please take a moment and click on the button on my side bar over there ---------------->
for more information

My partner for this fun event is Marcie also known as La Bella Joya. I have admired her bead embroidered creations for quite some time but had never "met" her. Even though her Etsy shop is one of my "favorites" and I subscribe to her blog, I don't believe I ever even left a comment. Now... here we are partners. Funny how these things work out!

Here are the beautiful beads and findings I received from Marcie.



A wonderful focal cab from Chinook Jewelry and a selection of beads and findings from her personal stash



Some seed beads (thankfully we are both BIG fans of seed beads). And one more photo of her great selection - oh so pretty!



How is this for coincidence - we sent each other similar colors in our bead soup. And here are a couple of photos of what I sent to Marcie



It includes a focal from Lisa Peters Art, Swarovski crystals in pink and green, daggers, 2 different types of vintage nail heads, fresh water pearls, a gold tone toggle clasp and some seed beads.



I just finished my bracelet last night and will reveal it here on my blog on February 26 - the official reveal date.

In other news - there is still time to sign up for the One World One Heart event. A really fun worldwide blogging event that not only allows you the opportunity to discover new blogs all over the world, but each one of those blogs are offering door prizes just for visiting. There are over 800 blogs already, I think I've only made my way through half of them so far, but am having a blast doing it!

Last but not least I was chosen to be a participant in the Best Little Bead Box project which is currently on it's second tour to the homes/studios of 12 beaders. All for a great cause - Beads of Courage. Please take a moment and check out these blogs to learn more about this wonderful event and maybe even bid on one of the awesome lots offered up on Ebay.

7 comments:

rockcreekcreations said...

Wow! You two really did send similiar things! How fun and funny! I can't wait to see what each if you make!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love Marcie's work too. She has her own unique style that I can spot anywhere. It IS funny how you both selected the same colorway. At least you will be working with colors you like. I'll be sure to come back and see what you designed.

Lynn said...

What's that saying? "Great minds think alike" or is it "Like minds think great" lol

can't wait to see the finished piece -

Pretty Things said...

That focal is awesome! And I love the color palette!

Lp said...

Funny! you are mind both readers!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

Grace, I just sat down to start working (call me queen of procrastination) and I've totally reached a beader's block!
I'm hoping you've had better luck!

Unknown said...

#209 here...love the beads great colors...

Leaves of Grass

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman