Friday, December 28, 2007

Bracelets



I recently finished up a couple of bracelets - both in a herringbone stitch, but different versions.

First up is a supple herringbone rope. The pattern is found in the June 2006 copy of Bead & Button. In the magazine one of the project samples is in gold and one in silver. I wanted to try one in multi colors for a friend, this is the result.


Next up is a herringbone spiral. I used a combination of instructions from Beautiful Bracelets by Jill Oxton and The Art & Elegance of Beadweaving by Carol Wilcox Wells. I started with a 12 bead ladder and used a combination of 11/0 Japanese seed beads and Delica's.


This is one of the easiest stitches for me to learn by book once I got past the ladder. I love the way it looks and feels and they bead up fairly quickly. Both of these are heading to Kentucky for a friend and one of her grand kids.

3 comments:

Maggie R said...

Grace, these bracelets are gorgeous. I think bracelets are my fave. I haven't mastered the "Herringbone" stitch for some reason, but I plan to try it again and AGAIN!!!!!LOL
Love coming here to see what you are up to....
BTW I sort of snickered to myself when you said you couldn't find the snowman give-a-way cab.... Oh that struck to close to home. I have bought birthday cards that are just perfect for the person and when the time comes I can never find them without tearing the house up!!!! I plan to have a better plan in 2008....YEAH!! RIGHT!! where have I heard that before ROTFL
Happy New Year
((((hugs))))
Maggie.

KV said...

Beautiful bracelets, Grace. But then, I don't think I have ever seen you make anything that was not beautiful!

Happy New Year!

Kathy V in NM

GraceBeading said...

Hi ladies, and thank you for your kind words!

Maggie, I love making bracelets and am still learning. It's one of the few things I'll wear - so it makes it that much more enjoyable. By the way, I still have NOT found that first ornament.

Thank you Kathy - you are so kind.

Leaves of Grass

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman