Friday, August 31, 2007

I love Friday's...


The day I mean, as opposed to the restaurant. Especially when it precedes a 3-day weekend!

Earlier this week I received a wonderful gift from a special friend in England. This is a friend I have made through the Internet by way of a bead group. It is one of the things for which I am most grateful when it comes to the Internet (and to beads) - the opportunity to connect with people all over the world.

My friend Christina and I have discussed a beaded doll swap for many months now. To my utter delight I received her doll this week and I could not be more pleased, she is a treasure. She is 3 inches tall and beaded to perfection in mouth watering colors. Her name is Elizabeth, her face is a mirror. Isn't she precious?

I am in love for sure. Now that I have finished my beaded faces, I will start on a doll for Christina. I am so inspired by Elizabeth, I can hardly wait!

4 comments:

Maggie R said...

Oh Grace, This wee doll is absolutely adorable!!! I can imagine how excited you were to receive her.
I always liked the words I got on a card one time and one line was....."If all the hands that reach could touch"
Our internet friends do just that I think.

s said...

Grace what a wonderful little doll.
I know what you mean about making new friends through the internet. I have met and made wonderful friends through the internet. The best of all was meeting my husband and we have been together now for 5 years.
Hugs,
Sunni

KV said...

Thanks for sharing this darling itty bitty character. All of our lives have been changed so much because of the internet. The friends we make online are so remarkable inasmuch as we never hear or see them but they are friends nonetheless.

Kathy V in NM

GraceBeading said...

Thanks for the comments, she is certainly appreciated in her new home.

Maggie & Kathy - I couldnt' agree more with your statements.

Sunni - congratulations to you and your husband for 5 years.

Leaves of Grass

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman