I was 'tagged' by Monica to reveal 7 random tidbits about me, here goes...
1. I became a mother at 16 years of age.
2. I obtained my driver's license and my GED at 21.
3. I have participated in several volunteer vacations which have allowed me to: stay with the Navaho people in Tohatchi, NM; live with the Mayan people in 20 de Noviembre (Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico); camp out as a crew member for 2000 bicyclists riding from Fairbanks to Anchorage, Alaska to raise money for an AIDS vaccine; camp out as a crew member for 1000 bicyclists riding from Missoula to Billings, Montana to raise money for an AIDS vaccine; travel to the Appalachia's in Eastern Kentucky.
4. I became a grandmother at 35.
5. I have worked in the insurance industry for 25 years.
6. I was on a show that aired on the History Channel (History's Mysteries: Amazon Women).
7. I have attended an Old Regular Baptist church service in the hills of Eastern Kentucky.
Leaves of Grass
This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman