Monday, June 18, 2007

Work in progress - quilt square

I'm working on another collaboration with the same two friends that worked on the 3 quilt squares last year as seen in this post. We very enjoyed our first efforts so much and had talked about making more - the time seemed right to get started on another.

I don't pretend to know much about quilts or quilting (that's where Bobbie, comes in), but I believe this one will end up as a '9 square' of which I will only bead on the middle square. It will have a cowboy/western theme and will be in browns, golds and black with some flecks of red.


There is so much more of it done since this photo was taken. I've been working on it most of the weekend and hope to have it done in the next few days. As I usually do - I didn't plan out any specific design, just picked out some beads that appealed to me at the time and away I went. I'm including a photo of a portion of the work area at my bead station, where I happily spend so many of my hours. It looks sorta chaotic, but is actually fairly well organized and is usually the way I work when beading. I have the smaller beads (12-15/0) together in one spot, the sequins together, the larger beads in another spot and the 10/11/0's together. I won't end up using everything that I originally picked out, but I like having it all in front of me while I bead.

No comments:

Leaves of Grass

This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body - Walt Whitman